Working Student – Software Analyst
- Online seit 11.01.2021
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking a strong candidate to support the Knowledge and Consulting Teams in the Knowledge Team of the Industrial Goods Practice Area to elaborate first class solutions for their clients. In this role you will assist analysts and experts in creating materials and digital offerings to support German and international assignments. You will also learn how we approach problems of our clients in order to help them perform better than before and strengthen their market position. The role provides the chance to gain experience in understanding economics, financial modeling within the industry and implementing models into client-oriented solutions at one of the globally leading management consultancies.
You can work up to 20 hours/week during your semesters and up to 40 hours/week during your vacation time. The role offers enough flexibility to combine personal, academic and professional life. This is a temporary role from min. 12 to max. 24 moths. You need to be an enrolled university student in Germany.
- Support the development of internal tools and proprietary BCG views on the industry
- Aide in the collection and maintenance of Internal BCG case materials from projects
- Help building internal knowledge repositories
WHO WE ARE
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with 90 offices in 50 countries.
The Center for Knowledge & Analytics works in close collaboration with the consulting teams and other groups within our firm to help acquire, retrieve, organize, and analyze the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients. Our role is to be a trusted partner and catalyst for all parts of BCG in facilitating the development of knowledge as a core competitive advantage and building our firm's reputation as a global leader in business consulting. Ultimately, our efforts create a firm‐wide culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Ongoing bachelor's or master's studies with high academic achievements – preferably in computer science, software engineering, statistics or business economics
- Interest in analytical tools such as Excel, Alteryx, Tableau, R, etc.
- Interest/Experience with digital teaming tools such as Trello, Slack, etc.
- Knowledge on SQL, Macro, VBA programming etc. would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Solid analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal credibility, reliability, and service mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Capable to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Financial modeling and benchmarking within industries
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- Nach Vereinbarung
- Boston Consulting Group GmbH
- Königsallee 2
- 40212 Düsseldorf, Deutschland
- Herr Korbinian Rentsch