Working Student – Tool Development in Düsseldorf
|Online seit|| |
22.08.2019 - 15:47
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking a strong candidate to support the Knowledge and Consulting Teams to elaborate first class solutions for their clients in the steel market. In this role you will assist the Steel analysts and experts in a variety of strategic research topics for German and international assignments. You will also learn how we approach problems of our clients in order to help them perform better than before and strengthen their market position. The role provides the chance to gain experience in analyzing the financial and competitive situation of the Steel industry and to implement models into software solutions at one of the globally leading management consultancies.
You can work up to 20 hours/week during your semesters and up to 40 hours/week during your vacation time. The role offers enough flexibility to combine personal, academic and professional life. This is a temporary role from min. 12 – max. 24 mths. You need to be an enrolled university student in Germany.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Supporting the development of internal tools and proprietary BCG views on the different industries
- Help building, enhancing and maintaining analytical models in Excel, Alteryx and Tableau
- Assisting Knowledge and Consulting Teams in a variety of strategic research and analysis tasks
- Supporting on requests from clients and BCG Consultants
- Act as a guide to new Associates/Consultants within the BCG Industrial Good Practice for specific resources and information
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Ongoing bachelor's or master's studies with high academic achievements – preferably in informatics, business informatics or computer science
- Interest in industry trends
- Very good knowledge of analytical tools like Excel, Alteryx, Tableau, etc
- Knowledge on SQL, Macro, VBA programming etc. would be beneficial but not mandatory
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Strong attention to detail and high learning agility
- Solid analytical skills
- Capable to work in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple tasks in parallel
- Creative, yet structured problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Strong interpersonal credibility, reliability, and service mentality
WHO WE ARE
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world's leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with 90 offices in 50 countries.
BCG's Center for Knowledge & Analytics works in close collaboration with the consulting teams and other groups within our firm to help acquire, retrieve, organize, and analyze the knowledge that enables BCG to deliver superior business value for its clients. Our role is to be a trusted partner and catalyst for all parts of BCG in facilitating the development of knowledge as a core competitive advantage and building our firm's reputation as a global leader in business consulting. Ultimately, our efforts create a firm‐wide culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration.
BCG's Industrial Goods Practice (IG) is divided into four broad sectors, Automotive & Mobility, Engineered Products & Infrastructure (EPI), Materials & Process Industries (MPI) and Transportation & Logistics. The Steel topic is an integral part of the Materials & Process Industries sector.
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
The Boston Consulting Group
Frau Vesselina Markova
+49 89 2317 5311
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |