Post-doctoral position / Scientist (m/f/d)
|Online seit|| |
25.03.2020 - 15:45
The Leibniz Institute for Analytical Sciences - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
In the project “gene and protein signatures as biomarker for neuromuscular disorders (NME-GPS)” in Dortmund we invite applications for a
Post-doctoral position / Scientist (m/f/d).
You will be responsible for
• Development of mass spectrometry-based methods for the detection and characterization of relevant proteins in neuromuscular diseases from plasma and biopsy samples
• Development and validation of LC-MS methods to quantify relevant protein in biological matrices
• Detection of metabolites, lipids and proteins (Multi-OMICS) from small tissue samples
• Miniaturized sample preparation with laser micro dissection of tissue slices
• Operation of LC-MS / MS systems
• Coordination, planning, documentation and execution of analyses
• Reporting, presentation and discussion of complex results with cooperation partners
• Presentation of the results in the form of scientific publications as well as posters and lectures at national and international congresses
• University degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, biotechnology or a similar subject
• Good knowledge in the field of mass spectrometry / proteomics
• Good knowledge in the field of pre-analytics, in particular tissue samples and plasma.
• Safe handling of software for data evaluation, including implementation of new features
• Safe handling of mass spectrometers, e.g. Tims TOF Pro, Q Exactive HF and/or Triple Quadrupole devices and nano-LC instruments
• Structured and analytical way of working
• Team player with good communication skills
• Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team.
• Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure.
• The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops.
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity between men and women, and is therefore interested in applications from women. The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is offered for 24 months. The position is available immediately. The position is generally suitable for part-time.
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutz.
Closing date for application is 15th April 2020. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, copies of your diplomas as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 08/2020 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (email@example.com). For further information regarding the institute, please see: http://www.isas.de.
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e.V.
Frau Wiebke Bartels
+49 231 1392-1086
Art der Beschäftigung
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |