|Online seit|| |
19.05.2020 - 14:30
Exciting News in the World of Weather: DTN a global leader providing insights and analytics to customers to feed, fuel, and protect the world are looking for keen individuals to expand their weather room team at their European Headquarters in Utrecht (The Netherlands).
Operating from their brand-new offices which are only a short 30-minute train ride from Amsterdam Centraal- as well as its ideal location, the facilities also include an on-site gym, cafeteria, coffee & fruit bar, table tennis and table football.
*Offering relocation benefits for successful candidates who may not currently reside in the Netherlands.
If you are just starting out your career within the weather industry as a Meteorologist and would like to find out more, please find further information from the DTN careers page just below:
As a Meteorologist you will work in a team of experienced forecasters, providing specific meteorological services within several sectors in Europe. We are looking for full-time employees, who will be hired initially on a 12 month contract, with a view to extending this to permanent in appropriate cases. The position is based in our office in Utrecht (The Netherlands).
Monitoring the weather through interpreting observations, radar and satellite imagery forms part of the job. You will make detailed forecasts for our customers working in sectors such as transport and monitoring (events). As the weather plays an important role, accurate weather forecasting is essential for safe and economical optimisation of work in a lot of businesses. Each client group has its own limitations and may require different parameters. It will be your task to serve these clients by providing all the necessary information and alerts.
Since the weather is a 24/7 business you will be working in shifts, including weekends, evenings and nights. We are looking for someone who enjoys working together with a team of energetic and creative colleagues, all over the world.
• Produce and deliver forecasts to key clients in various sectors, primarily in transport;
• Monitor these forecasts against actual data and update forecasts as required;
• Send out alerts to clients for special weather circumstances;
• Be the point of contact for customers for consulting questions;
• Brief colleagues on the overall weather ‘story’.
Benefits and Perks:
• Relocation benefits provided for applicants residing outside Netherlands.
• Birthday and Christmas Allowance
• Commuter Allowance
• Company Outings
• Office amenities: fruit bar, table tennis, table football, gym, cafeteria, lockers, coffee bar.
• You have a Meteorology or related degree, or be on course to obtain one soon;
• Experience within a forecasting environment is preferred;
• Good organisational and accuracy skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
• A strong supportive team player;
• Native speaker and writer in at least one of the following languages:
TO APPLY: https://dtn.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/DTN_Careers/job/Netherlands---Utrecht/Meteorologist_R-000178
(In your application, please be sure to reference the University that you are applying from)
Firmen- und Kontaktdaten
Frau Carmen Ogle
3528 BD UtrechtNiederlande
+31 30 8082000
Art der Beschäftigung
|Zeitraum der Beschäftigung|| |
Permanent (initial 12-month, with a view to extend)